Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Summer Writing

It's almost summer time and it's time to get writing. So, what's to keep you motivated? You can you be held accountable to, without paying someone $100/hour?

I love writing contests because they hit both counts...they keep you motivated and they hold you accountable. If you know a contest is coming up, you have a deadline to meet. And, best of all, once you enter the contest you are held accountable. You hopefully will win or be a finalist!

Setting time aside to write is easy. The hard part is making the words on the screen, paper, or whatever medium you decide to use. Just remember, it doesn't have to be perfect when you start...just start. It can be as simple as random thoughts.

I like to just sit down at the computer and empty my head of thoughts. I don't even look at what I'm typing, I just get my thoughts out of my head and on to a Word document. Once I'm done, I can go back and read what I have on the screen. It may be that day or days later. The point is that you jot your ideas down so you  can revisit them as a date in the near future.

So, get writing...anything...and enter a contest. There are plenty of good contests out there. Signing up for a new contest is great because you stand a better chance of actually placing. Here's one new one that you may want to enter - www.serapublishing.com

Please feel free to email me if you have any questions, serabooks@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment